Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ethnog 1

In regard to my RQ the sources I used depicted it as a need for students to enable them to succeed. The sources informed me that using multiple methods in order to create fluency in codeswitching is pivitol. I have learned that it is not enough to just lecture to students in one discourse but to also demonstrate and instruct in a variety of discourses so that you can tap into the students prior knowledge and create a sense of ownership for the students in the material they are being asked to learn and retain. The gaps that still remain in my project are narrowing my question and figuring a way to triangulate my research. Big ? for the last question you asked.

1 comment:

Evan said...

As a future English teacher, this question of code switching is very relevant. Literacy and language professionals need to know this in order to tap into their students' different discourses and be able to teach to the different students' discourses. The secondary reseach that seems to have been done seems to support their question very well. This question could make a contribution to the field of literary education in that it would help teachers bridge the gap between discourses and see better ways to connect with all of their students. Some good additional secondary sources may be to interview teachers on the subject to find answers or other challenges that may not be obvious on the surface of the question. One thing I would like to know is what exactly the question is and what he hopes to solve by answering it.