Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/08 Warm Up

What Patterns did you see among the LI you wrote and read?

The patterns that I noticed as I wrote and read teh LI were those of simplicity and originality. I also noticed that of the LI's I read I could personally relate to each individual. Many of us have a lot of language in common, I suppose its because we all come from a common region.

What do the patterns reveal about language and its conventions in family contexts?

The patterns reveal that from region to region within the United States individuals share common dialects.

What does it mean to be an insider in terms of language? what questions and issues do your conclusions raise for you as a future teacher?

in terms of language to be an insider means to be in the know. to have a deeper understanding of language and its use within specific situations. The issues it raises for me as a future teacher is that you must be in touch with the language of your students and what the general dialect is of the area/ part of the country you live in if I end up out side of my place of origin.

No comments: